How do I help them with school? Why is my child so distracted? How can I teach my child to persevere through challenges? How can I minimize their stress? What is even going on in their brain right now?!
These are questions that we’re sure all parents have worried about at some point. Preparing your child with tools that help them navigate the good, bad and ugly parts of life can seem almost impossible at times! However, there is an easy solution to your problems: mindfulness!
Perhaps this is the first time you’ve heard of mindfulness, or all that comes to mind is intense zen that seems too hard for your hyper kiddo. But mindfulness is actually a key part of your child’s mental wellness and growth!
Mindfulness can help:
- Improve child’s communication with siblings or parents
- Reduce tantrums and conflicts by regulating emotions
- Improve focus on tasks at home!
- Increase focus and attention span in class!
- Perseverance through tricky subjects or assignments!
- Less stress and anxiety related to performance or testing!
- Improved social skills among peers!
- Build empathy and perspective!
- Better emotional regulation when handling the ups and downs!
- Mitigated risk of anxiety, depression or post-traumatic symptoms.
- By being able to calm their mind, they can have a more positive outlook on life!
The best part about mindfulness? It’s easy to achieve! Implementing simple, short practices can bring all these benefits for your child and solve any tricky parenting roadblocks!
Below we’ve attached a few free resources to get you started:
We hope these resources can help you start to build a calm, focused and resilient mind with your child!
Let us know in the comments below how you’ve been adding mindfulness in your home and how it’s helped!
Kaleidoscope will be frequently adding more resources for parents, so make sure to check back or follow us on our social media to catch every post!